If you are a rising or current senior, or a prospective transfer student, we encourage you to schedule an interview as part of your application to 澳门网上贵宾厅网址. Interviews are not required, but they are a great way for us to learn more about each other, personalizing what can seem to be the impersonal process of applying to colleges. An interview is an evaluative tool for you and for us.
As the campus is closed due to COVID-19, all our interviews are now online. Just use this calendar to find available dates and times to schedule your interview.
Personal interviews are not a required part of the admission process at 澳门网上贵宾厅网址, but they're an excellent opportunity to add depth to your application.
An interview at Conn is just a conversation about you and your interests and activities, so it shouldn’t be intimidating. And our Admission Fellows—seniors who interview prospective students like you—have pulled together a few tips that will make it even easier.
We hope you find the tips below helpful, and we hope you'll schedule an online interview soon.
- Be yourself. The goal of the interview is to get to know you.
- Be on time.
- Be prepared to engage in conversation for about a half hour.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Be positive.
- Be ready to discuss your interests with enthusiasm.
- Ask informed questions.
- Research the school before arriving.
- Maintain eye contact with your interviewer.
- Avoid one-word answers. Be prepared to elaborate.
- Avoid negative statements such as "I hate ..."
- It’s OK to say "I don't know." It’s better to be honest than to make anything up.
- Do not answer in the way you feel the interviewer "wants." Again, be yourself.
- Don't be nervous. It's just a conversation.
- And remember: it's all about YOU.